The best way to come to a decision is to read up on a number of the third-party water carbonator reviews. Not reviews written by just any website owner, but reviews that are written by customers who actually own and have first hand, personal experience with the specific model you are considering purchasing. These reviews will be non-biased, and not written in an effort to try to sway your decision to make a purchase.
The number one place that we recommend you check for customer reviews is on Amazon.com. They are the largest and most trusted retailer on the Internet, and have the best customer review and feedback system which encourages customer reviews after a purchase is made. These reviews allow the owners to give a 1 to 5 star rating to the product, and describe their personal experience with it.
The SodaStream company is definitely a dominant player in the home water carbonator market, and they take 4 of the top 5 spots based on the customer water carbonator reviews. Here is how they weigh in:
- The SodaStream Penguin Earth Friendly Glass Carafe Soda Maker comes in at the number 1 position with an average customer rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars. At $199.95, this is one of the more expensive water carbonators. It comes with a 2 year manufacturer warranty, and was the winner of the 2011 Green House award. It includes 2 reusable glass carafes with fizz preserving caps.
- The iSi Twist and Sparkle Beverage Carbonating System weighs in at the number 2 spot with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars. It is much less expensive, with a price point of approximately $44.00. The iSi Twist and Sparkle uses a small CO2 charger to directly carbonate your beverage. You simply insert the charger into the sparkling wand’s chamber, then twist and wait one minute for full carbonation to take effect. One charger will produce approximately 1 quart of carbonated beverages, and 45 chargers will cost you approximately $18.50. One of the most attractive features of the Twist and Sparkle is that it is small and portable, and can be used to carbonate beverages anywhere.
- The SodaStream Genesis takes the number 3 rank, with an average customer rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars. At approximately $113.00, it is available in three different colors (white, red, and black/silver). It can produce a sparkling beverage for you in less than 30 seconds, with no mess. It includes one BPA-free plastic bottle, and a carbonator that will allow you to make up to 60 liters of soda. It requires no electricity or batteries.
- The SodaStream Pure has secured the number 4 spot with an average customer rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars. At approximately $130.00, this sleek water carbonator uses a reusable, BPA-free plastic bottle that screws into the soda maker. You only get one plastic bottle, so it would be a good idea to pick up a twin pack of additional bottles (approximate cost $22.00). It is available in white or black/silver.
- The SodaStream Fountain Jet Soda Maker has secured the number 5 standing with an average customer rating of 4 out of 5 stars. At less than $90.00, you can create up to 60 liters of soda from a single carbonator depending upon the amount of carbonation you add to your beverages.
Please note that reviews and ratings are constantly changing on products as additional consumers have the opportunity to report their experiences. We recommend you check Amazon for the most current water carbonator reviews, whether you choose to make your purchase there or not.